One of the benefits of trading with a regulated broker is that you know you are trading on a reliable and reputable platform in a regulated environment, which has stringent rules and regulations designed, in particular, to protect the interests of you the clients.
We are regulated and overseen by the South African Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA).
As a regulated FX broker, we are regularly audited. Therefore we continually maintain high standards to provide you with the peace of mind when trading with us.
We make sure to keep client funds in segregated top-tier banks.
Our AML policy ensures that we comply with the anti-money laundering framework set forth by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the rules of our regulators. In order to prevent money laundering conducted by individuals and organisations, we have structured and strict guidelines put in place.
- A color copy of valid passport or other official identification document issued by authorities (e.g. driver’s license, identity card, etc). The identification document must contain the client’s full name, an issue or expiry date, the client’s place and date of birth or tax identification number and the client’s signature.
- A recent utility bill (e.g. electricity, gas, water, phone, oil, Internet and/or cable TV connection, bank account statement) dated within the last 6 months and confirming your registered address.
As a South African regulated company, we operate in accordance with a number of compliance-related issues and procedures imposed by our regulatory authority, FSCA (Financial Sector Conduct Authority). These procedures involve the collection of adequate documentation from our clients with regards to KYC (Know Your Client), including the collection of a valid ID card and a recent (within 6 months) utility bill or bank account statement that confirms the address the client has registered with.
Deposits & Withdrawals
No, GVMarkets covers all deposit fees.
Yes, GVMarkets charges a low fee for withdrawals to cover some of the expenses involved in money transfers.
All withdrawal requests are subject to a minimum of R100 or 3% fee, witch ever is greater.
Any withdrawals sent in currencies other than ZAR are subject to conversion fees. Please note, you may be charged by the funding provider involved in the transfer (intermediary bank, receiving bank, or your credit card provider).
You can deposit money in ZAR and it will be automatically converted into the base currency of your account, by GVMarkets prevailing inter-bank price.
The minimum deposit amount is 1,000 RAND (or equivalent denomination). However, the amount varies according to the payment method you choose and your trading account validation status.
The minimum withdrawal amount is 200 RAND (or equivalent denomination). However, the amount varies according to the payment method you choose and your trading account validation status.
In order to withdraw funds, your trading account must be validated. This means that first you need to upload your documents in our Client Area: Proof of Identity (ID, passport, driving license) and Proof of Residency (utility bill, telephone/Internet/TV bill or bank statement), which include your address and your name and can’t be older than 6 months.
Once you receive confirmation from our Validation Department that your account has been validated, you can request the funds withdrawal by logging in to the Client Area, selecting the Transfers tab and sending us a Withdrawa Funds request. It is only possible to send your withdrawal back to the original source of deposit. All withdrawals are processed by our Back Office within 48 hours on business days.
Your withdrawal request is processed by our back office within 48 hours. You will receive your money within 72 hours, while for payments by bank wire or credit/debit card it usually takes 3 – 5 business days.
No, this is not possible. It is forbidden to transfer funds between different clients’ accounts and involve any third parties.
As we are a regulated company, we do not accept deposits/withdrawals made by third parties. Your deposit can only be made from your own account, and the withdrawal has to go back to the source where the deposit was made.
Yes, this is possible. You can request an internal transfer between two trading accounts, but only if both accounts have been opened under your name and if both trading accounts have been validated. If the base currency is different, the amount will be converted. Internal transfer can be requested in the Client Area, Transfers tab Internal Transfer.
Yes. Expert Advisors are fully compatible with GVMarkets MT5.
Open MT5, go to File>Open Data Folder, then select MQL5>’Experts’ or ‘Indicators’ and paste your MQL5/EX5 file in this folder.
When you reopen the platform you should now see your custom EA/Indicator in the Navigator window. You can drag and drop it to the chart(s) of your choice.
You can find custom EAs and Indicators on the MQL5 website: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/mt5
To remove an EA from your MT5 platform, right-click on the chart, select ‘Expert Advisors’ and then ‘Remove’.
All account information and trade history is found in the ‘Terminal’ window at the bottom of your MT5 screen. At the bottom of this window you will find the following tabs:
- Trade: Displays your account balance, equity, margin, free margin, margin level and any open positions and pending orders
- Account History: Displays a complete breakdown of all the orders you have placed including date and time, type, size, instrument, price at open, take-profit and stop-loss levels, price and time of closure, swap fees and profit.
- Journal: Provides a list of all the actions you have taken on your MT5 terminal as well as their respective dates and times.
You have 2 options for changing your MT5 password:
- Log in to your Client Area and navigate to the My Account tab, select the account and ‘Change Password’ under Account Platform.
- Once logged in the platform, please go to Tools>Options and under the ‘Server’ tab, select ‘Change Password’. Then, enter the new password you wish to use and confirm. If you encounter issues please check the Journal tab on the MT5 Terminal window to see if there are any errors.
There are no download, setup or subscription fees for using our platforms.
Fees (commissions) and charges (Spreads) only apply on trading.